How to report energy theft
Reporting to stayenergysafe
- Where is the energy theft taking place?
- Who do you think is committing the theft?
- Do you know whether the energy theft relates to gas, electricity or both?
- How is the energy theft being committed?
- Are there any other details you can tell us?
If you’re unsure about some of the details, don’t worry, the call agents are there to listen to you and what you know. The more information you can provide, the easier it is for the reports to be passed on to the energy companies. At the end of the call you’ll be asked whether you want to leave your details or if you’d prefer to remain anonymous, meaning no one would know that you made the call. If you do choose to leave your details, then you may be contacted by an energy company for more information, but your details will be kept confidential. If you would prefer to submit a report online rather than phoning the reporting line, you can do this at stayenergysafe.co.uk. You’ll be asked the same questions and will still have the option to remain anonymous.